Bed Bugs Extermination – 3 Simple Tips
I. The Easy Way
1. This is perhaps the easiest yet the most stupid means of eradicating bed bugs from the house. This also calls for a lot of patience & perseverance.
2. Here you have to keep awake all night so that you catch the sight of the bed bugs in the hours when they are active, that is, the wee hours of the night when they come out of their hide outs to hunt for food from their victims.
3. Now, bed bugs are pretty smart as like all other creatures they have instincts that help them survive & of course as they have a desire to survive they use the instincts quite well. Bed bugs have a sense of light & that implies danger to them. So their exposure in the day hours might invite dangers, and hence they are active in the night only.
4. Now what you have to do is capture them as you see them that is one by one or in small groups of 2-3. Then just squash them hard and they would die.
5. Now, how does that sound, gross? Well it won’t be because bed bugs are indeed so tiny that they almost go unnoticed!
II. The dangerous way
1. Here instead of the very stupid & not so successful idea, you take a more concrete & sure step to eradicate the bed bugs. Make use of insecticides or pesticides.
2. Among pesticides there are 3 groups that are sold in the market, all based on the function to exterminate the unwanted bed bugs. These groups are as follows:
i. Pesticides are sold in the form of insecticidal dusts. This group of the pesticides is characterized by its existence or presence of the ground or the pulverized glass & silica powder. So, these are called as dust.
This dust primarily attacks the bed bugs by destroying its outer most waxy protective coats. This coat is like the coating that makes up the skin of the bed bugs. It also serves as a helmet that saves them. The insecticidal dusts contain chemicals that ruin the protective cover of the bed bugs, and set is poison in the bed bugs’ body there by drying out its entire system.
ii. Next is contact insecticide. These are pesticides that are applied to the infested area and / or the surface. It is indeed one among most successful remedies. Its down sides are that they are repellant in nature. It implies that they stink to the effect that the insects can sense their presence in the place and they themselves vanish in order to save themselves.
So, at times they fail to kill bug. This repellant nature ensures that the bugs would no longer come in contact with the surface where it is applied. But they can easily look for other conducive place to dwell on.
iii. The last group of pesticides is insect growth regulators (IGR). It aims to get rid of the bed bugs in their early stage only, that is, when they are still nymphs and have not formed a colony.
IGRs are used to attack and / or poison the young bed bugs, that is, the nymphs, and the eggs. So, one thing is ensured that the there would be no further growth in them. But they fail the impact of the adult creatures.
This means of getting rid of the bed bugs is quite effective but surely calls for a lot of patience as it takes a whole lot of time.
III. Most effective & safest way
1. Last but not the least is this third resort that is banking on the professionals in the field.
2. The pest control experts & companies are now overflowing in each & every locality, maintaining an equal pace with the growing population of the bed bugs.
3. They know their job fairly well. They make use of the right chemicals & pesticides.
4. So, with this alternate you can easily rule out the option of risking your own health, house & that of your family.
So, get rid of your unwanted bad mates right away with these easy & sure tips!
find more @ homesolutions